Rules of Mobile Marketing
The #1 Rule in our book of Mobile Marketing is to UNPLUG.
I know, it seems silly that a Mobile Marketing company would tell you to do the opposite of what they are selling, but really... everyone needs a break from technology.
I challenge you all to unplug totally from electronics for 24 hours a week. No, you can't add up the hours you are sleeping and combine them together. I'm talking about unplugging on Saturday night when you go to bed and not plugging in until the alarm rings on Monday morning.
What will happen?
- You will be afraid at first. Don't worry, Facebook posts will be there when you return.
- You will have conversations. Yep, you'll be looking for things to talk about with your family. Heck, you might learn something new about your kids!
- You will feel free. At some point, you'll step outside on the patio and actually breathe... with a sigh of relief of how refreshing it is to not have that leash in your pocket or purse.
- You will laugh. You might even play a board game or two, using your brain instead of your device's brain.
- You will be more creative. On Monday morning, you will be refreshed, and that my friends, will allow your brain to be more creative. Instead of reading someone else's thoughts, you have been enveloped in your own thoughts...ideas will come to you.
I realize this can be daunting, even scary. When I first did it, I took 7 days off and it scared the daylights out of me! But I promise you, the world will keep moving and you will be more creative. Give it a shot!
Posted on June 28, 2016
by Ed Moore filed under